Keep it fun! Keep it colorful! And most importantly…include them in the process. From growing the veggies to displaying them in a silly colorful way. Keep in mind, keeping it healthy and organic does take more time, but if you include your child in the process it instantly becomes a bonding experience.
Here are some fun wholesome snack idea:
– Dipping bowl out of a red bell pepper for your veggie sticks. Having a yummy healthy dip makes eating veggies that much more delicious. (Greek Yogurt with a bit of salt is a great one)
– A mouse out of your plain laughing cow cheese wedges.
– Almond butter heart shaped mini sandwiches.
– Silly cheese umbrella out of Babybel cheese.
– Homemade French Crepes. Some delicious healthy spreads can be almond butter, blueberries or strawberries with Greek Yogurt.
The kiddos in our Los Angeles based French/ Israeli preschool absolutely adore these silly, fun and healthy snacks! The best part about it all is their priceless enthusiastic reaction when they get to eat their silly snacks. 🙂
French Crepes Recipe
Whisk together flour and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add milk and water, stirring to combine. Beat until smooth.
Heat a lightly greased frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop 1/4 cup batter onto griddle. Tilt pan with a circular motion so batter coats the surface evenly.
Cook crepe until bottom is light brown, about 2 minutes. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook other side.
Do you have any fun healthy snacks that work for your little ones?
Le Petit Gan ❤️