Little ones are visual in every sense of the way. So, your typical colorful and fun potato chip bag or sugary cereal boxes are much more attractive to our little ones than a plain slice of cheese or a carrot stick.
Keep it fun! Keep it colorful! And most importantly…include them in the process. From growing the veggies to displaying them in a silly colorful way. Keep in mind, keeping it healthy and organic does take more time, but if you include your child in the process it instantly becomes a bonding experience.
Here are some fun wholesome snack idea:
– Dipping bowl out of a red bell pepper for your veggie sticks. Having a yummy healthy dip makes eating veggies that much more delicious. (Greek Yogurt with a bit of salt is a great one)
– A mouse out of your plain laughing cow cheese wedges.
– Almond butter heart shaped mini sandwiches.
– Silly cheese umbrella out of Babybel cheese.
– Homemade French Crepes. Some delicious healthy spreads can be almond butter, blueberries or strawberries with Greek Yogurt.
The kiddos in our Los Angeles based French/ Israeli preschool absolutely adore these silly, fun and healthy snacks! The best part about it all is their priceless enthusiastic reaction when they get to eat their silly snacks. 🙂
French Crepes Recipe
Whisk together flour and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add milk and water, stirring to combine. Beat until smooth.
Heat a lightly greased frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop 1/4 cup batter onto griddle. Tilt pan with a circular motion so batter coats the surface evenly.
Cook crepe until bottom is light brown, about 2 minutes. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook other side.
Do you have any fun healthy snacks that work for your little ones?
Sophie Le Petit Gan